Sunday, June 24, 2012

I wrote today

Dear Mr. Pressfield:

I have to admit, there was a moment of pride when I clicked on the "I Wrote Today" button on the Clarion Write-a-Thon button on my profile page.  I worry that external validation of writing will ruin this almost zen-like routine I have for writing.  I cannot tell you how long it has taken to shut off my inner editor (who could be heard screaming in the back of my head today) so I can write.  For the life of me, I cannot tell you how I did it either.

Anyway, I am pinning my newly won zen writing routine against the pressures of fund-raising for a cause I believe in.  No pressure.

I'll keep you posted.

Sincerely,
Me

2 comments:

  1. Yay for zen! I checked out your page, and it looks like you are doing awesomely. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, four days straight. I still have five weeks and three days! YIKES!

    I can do it.

    Oh, wait. What's that I hear? Shadow Stevens says you win a prize for being the first person to ever comment on a post in two years of this blog! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete